Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
Take to the open road with Back Roads Italy and discover 24 leisurely drives through the country's beautiful villages and stunning landscapes.
Tour the winding roads of the Amalfi coast, drive through the Chianti vineyards and hilltop villages of Tuscany, or explore the Palladian villas of the Veneto. Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals incredible sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences that can only be discovered by road.
Inside Back Roads Italy:
- A free laminated pull-out road map of Italy helps you navigate with ease
- 24 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting two to five days
- Guided walks take you through Italy's pretty villages and historic towns
- Experts suggest the best off-road activities in each area, from wine tours to boat trips
- Contains essential travel tips, including our pick of where to stay, eat and shop, plus useful travel, visa and health information
- Covers all the Italian rules of the road
- Includes postcodes for use with GPS, plus information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Turin, the Northern Lakes, Lombardy, Trentino-Alto Adige, the Veneto, Venice, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, the Italian Riviera, Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Chianti, Siena, Urbino, Lazio, Prosecco vineyards, Spoleto, Lago Trasimeno, Colli Albani, Abruzzo, Naples, Campania, Puglia, Gargano Promontory, Calabria, Sicily, Sardinia and more
Looking for a comprehensive guide to Italy? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Italy.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's award-winning Back Roads guide books take the work out of planning a road trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.