Bringing the world of mammals to life
Natural History Mammals: Carnivores explores a highly successful group of mammals - the carnivores - in stunning visual detail. A comprehensive introduction places carnivores in the context of other living things, and an extensive catalogue showcases the incredible variety of these animals.
All your favourite carnivores are covered, including wolves, lions, and bears. Many individual animals are also profiled, each accompanied by clear, concise text and key information. More extensive features focus on major species, such as the polar bear and the tiger, and include stunning, specially commissioned photography.
Designed exclusively for the Kindle Fire, Natural History Mammals: Carnivores brings the subject to life like never before with:
- 70 amazing interactive and illustrated pages allowing you to zoom in on the creatures featured
- Illustrated profiles of nearly 200 individual specimens
- Expanded profiles of key species such as the tiger, bear and hyena
- Hundreds of crystal-clear photographs, many specially commissioned
- Key contextual images, showing close-ups of body parts such as the ears and paws
Natural History Mammals: Carnivores forms part of an ongoing series that is a landmark in illustrated reference publishing. The complete series offers an unrivalled visual survey of Earth's natural history, giving a clear overview of the natural world with over 6,000 species featured.