"A glorious picture book that offers a rich choice of travel ideas designed to take you where no tourist has gone before... A book to keep by the bedside to fuel your dreams"
Avoid crowded tourist hotspots and discover the lesser-known wonders of the world with this beautifully illustrated guide to off-the-beaten-track sights, experiences and destinations.
A team of travel experts take some of the world's best-known destinations - everything from over-visited national parks to crowded museums - and reveal more than 1,000 fascinating alternatives.
With expert advice and insider tips, this inspiring book will open your eyes to a wealth of new travel ideas. If you liked Petra in Jordan, you'll love the amazing rock-hewn temples of Ellora in India. Diving at Australia's Christmas Island makes a fantastic alternative to the better-known Great Barrier Reef, and breathtaking Borobudur in Java gives touristy Angkor Wat a run for its money. If it's the cities you love, our expert writers will show you the alternative, less-explored sides of the world's most visited metropolises.
Inside The Road Less Travelled:
- Contains 1,000 lesser-known sights, cities and experiences
- Begins with a foreword by bestselling author Bill Bryson
- The thematic colour-coded design helps you find information based on the following interests: Ancient and Historical Sights; Festivals and Parties; Great Journeys; Architectural Marvels; Natural Wonders; Beaches; Sports and Activities; Art and Culture; and Cities
- Packed with colour photography
- Experts provide informative, evocative narrative with helpful insider tips
- Detailed practical information and locator maps make it easy to plan a trip
- Covers the less-explored attractions of major cities such as London, Paris and New York
- Includes Douro Valley Wine Cruise, Portugal; Palenque, Mexico; Meteora Monasteries, Greece; Crystal Cathedral, Garden Grove, California, USA; Fingal's Cave, Isle of Staffa, UK; New Caledonia Barrier Reef, Melanesia; Emerald Bay, Pangkor Laut, Malaysia; Kayaking in Gwaii Haanas National Park, Canada; and many more
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's award-winning travel books take the work out of planning your next adventure, with inspirational images, tips, and information to enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.