An inspiring collection of DK books focused on Black history.
Discover the obstacles that many Black people faced on the way to making groundbreaking accomplishments. You'll find out how they created lasting change and paved the way for future generations. This fantastic resource pack for teachers and students is the perfect companion to support the teaching of Black history.
In this DK box set you'll receive:
- Timelines of Black History
- Life Stories: Harriet Tubman
- Life Stories: Nelson Mandela
- Life Stories: Katherine Johnson
- Life Stories: Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Additional access to supporting curriculum resources online
Within this Black History Month bundle, you'll find:
- An introduction for students to influential and inspiring Black individuals through history in an accessible way
- Biographies of amazing people who have shaped our world and the issues that have shaped Black history
- This set is the ideal resource for teachers and includes lesson plans for KS1 and KS2 English. It provides drama activities, writing frames, comprehension activities, timelines, and more!
This collection features four DK Life Stories biographies of influential trailblazers in Black history. Meet Dr Martin Luther King and his role in the Civil Rights Movement in America using non-violent protest and Katherine Johnson, the famed NASA mathematician, featured in the award-winning 2016 film Hidden Figures. Delve into the life of Harriet Tubman, who was born into slavery and became a fearless activist who helped guide many slaves to freedom. Lastly, explore Nelson Mandela's legacy, who went from freedom fighter during Apartheid to being the first democratically elected president of South Africa. This bundle also includes Timelines from Black History, which explores the issues that have shaped Black history before colonisation and modern times.