Winner of the Travel Media Awards 2019 Guide of the Year
Whether you want to visit the iconic Empire State Building, take a leisurely stroll through Central Park, or sample the sublime cocktails in East Village, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that New York City has to offer.
Dynamic and diverse, New York City is bursting at the seams with unmissable sights, mouth-watering cuisines, and truly unique experiences. From the soaring skyscrapers of Manhattan to the trendy bars of Brooklyn, the vibrant jazz clubs of Harlem to the cobblestoned streets of Soho, the city offers everything in abundance.
Our annually updated guide brings New York City to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the city's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of New York City's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks which make navigating the city easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of New York City from the Upper East Side to Lower Manhattan, Chelsea to Chinatown
- our new lightweight format, so you can take your guide with you wherever you go
Have less time? Try our pocket-friendly Top 10 New York City for top 10 lists to all things New York City.