Everything you need to transform your garden into a haven for birds.
Packed full of expert birding advice and practical ideas, this compact, easy-to-use bird-watching book will help you create an environment that will invite a rich diversity of birdlife to your garden.
It's time to get out into your garden and get bird spotting with this indispensable field guide. Here's what you'll discover:
- Profiles of 40 of the most common British garden birds
- In-situ photography shows birds as you will see them in your garden or local park, for more accurate identification
- Explains the benefits of different bird foods, and gives practical advice on types of feeders and how to site them
- Each season is outlined with the major bird activities and feeding requirements
- Produced in association with the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch
Birdwatching can be done in the comfort of your own garden thanks to this revised and updated bird guide. It contains expert advice on how to provide water, food, and nesting sites to create a bird-friendly environment. It also reveals essential tips on observing birds, including the basic equipment needed.
Find profiles of 40 of the most common British garden birds, each illustrated with in-situ photography, you'll be identifying all kinds of bird species in no time. Practical projects include making and siting a nest box, and how to design a bird-friendly garden, including choosing plants to attract particular species. With information about seasonal changes in bird behaviour and a helpful size-comparison gallery for the species profiled in the book
Look out for more RSPB books from DK. Discover the simplest, clearest guide to identifying common European birds ever in RSPB Birds of Britain and Europe or learn how to easily spot the difference between similar birds in RSPB What's the Bird?