Discover mesmerising landscapes and a mosaic of culture
Whether you want to roam the far reaches of the Great Wall, indulge in Sichuan's fiery cuisine or explore the dazzling halls of the Forbidden City, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that China has to offer.
From intoxicating modern metropolises to charming ancient towns, dramatic karst landscapes to mighty winding rivers, China is a captivating fusion of culture and natural beauty. Vast and diverse in every sense, this Asian powerhouse offers something for every traveler.
Our recently updated guide brings China to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
- our pick of China's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks, which make navigating the country easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- colour-coded chapters to every part of China, from Beijing to Hong Kong, Shaanxi to the Shanghai
- new lightweight format so you can take it with you wherever you go
Want the best of China's cities in your pocket? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Beijing or our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Hong Kong.