Whether you want to get cultural in Kandy, try your hand at surfing in Arugam or sample the very best cuisine across the island, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Sri Lanka has to offer.
Sri Lanka is simply stunning. Its landscapes range from humid rainforests to sandy beaches, soaring peaks to tea-planted valleys. The island's urban environments are similarly diverse. There's Colombo, the cosmopolitan capital; traditional Kandy, which is home to the Temple of the Tooth; and picture-perfect Galle, with its imposing Dutch fort. And if that wasn't enough to entice you to visit, there's the food - crunchy hoppers, steaming samosas and comforting curries.
Our updated 2023 guide brings Sri Lanka to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods.
DK Eyewitness Sri Lanka is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Sri Lanka you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Sri Lanka's must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Colour-coded chapters to every part of Sri Lanka, from Colombo to Kandy, the Hill Country to Jaffna
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: Colombo; The West Coast; The South; Kandy and the Hill Country; The Cultural Triangle; The East Jaffna and the North.
Also visiting India? Try our DK Eyewitness India.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.