Revolutionise your training! Learn techniques to run better, faster, and with more energy while avoiding injury.
There is a science to running, and now you can learn about it too! Whether you are beginning to run, have been for a while, or have conquered a few marathons, this runner's guide will show you how to train efficiently, find a suitable running regime, and master the art of running.
Inside the pages of this running book, you'll find:
- 30 key exercises and how to perfect precision to optimise their benefits
- Bespoke training plans for runners at all levels
- Explanations on the anatomy and physiology of the runner, and how running involves every system in the body
- A scientific breakdown of the runner's stride - showing what's going on under the skin at every stage of the running cycle and highlighting areas of stress and strain
- Anatomy of common injuries and exercise programmes for both prevention and recovery
Expert-led insights backed by scientific research will show you how to start running, how to run faster, and how to improve your flexibility and gait for running efficiency and safety. Included in the Science of Running are exercises and training programmes that target each muscle to ensure you become a stronger, better runner.
The clear CGI images show annotations to muscle mechanics so you know you are getting it right. Learn the science behind your body's energy systems, proper hydration and nutrition. This DK running guide will completely transform your performance and help you smash your goals!
DK's Science of series helps readers discover the research and scientific theories behind exercise and sport. Other sport science books in this series include Science of Yoga and Science of Strength Training.