Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
Your journey starts here. This new edition of our London guide, packed with colour photography, DK's iconic illustrations and detailed maps, has been expertly updated so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love London: world-class museums, lively local markets, pomp and pageantry - what will yours be?
- See London from a different angle: 24 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A year-long calendar of events in London gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and Tube map
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Detailed colour maps help you navigate the city with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of food and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including Westminster Abbey, St Paul's Cathedral, the Tower of London and the Houses of Parliament.
- Covers Westminster and Whitehall; Mayfair and St James's; Soho and Trafalgar Square; Covent Garden and the Strand; Holborn and the Inns of Court; Bloomsbury and Fitzrovia; King's Cross, Camden and Islington; the City; Shoreditch and Spitalfields; Southwark and Bankside; South Bank; Chelsea and Battersea; South Kensington and Knightsbridge; Kensington, Holland Park and Notting Hill; Regent's Park and Marylebone; Hampstead and Highgate; Greenwich and Canary Wharf; plus sights beyond the city.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide London is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Staying for longer? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Great Britain.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. In 2018 the Eyewitness series was relaunched with a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.