Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
Your journey starts here. This new edition of our Amsterdam guide, packed with colour photography, DK's iconic illustrations and detailed maps, has been expertly updated so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love Amsterdam: world-class museums, canal cruising and funky street art - what will yours be?
- See Amsterdam from a different angle: 22 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A year-long calendar of events in Amsterdam gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Detailed colour maps help you navigate the city with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of food and drink stops en route.
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including Oude Kerk, Museum Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder and the Museum Willet-Holthuysen
- Covers Nieuwe Zijde, Oude Zijde, the Central Canal Ring and Eastern Canal Ring, Museum Quarter, Jordaan and the Western Islands, Plantage, Noord, plus sights beyond the city.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Amsterdam is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Planning a shorter break? Try our Top 10 Amsterdam.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For over 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.