Tokyo is a city of complementary contrasts - a truly modern metropolis where futuristic architecture and cutting-edge technology stand shoulder-to-shoulder with ancient temples and centuries-old art and craft traditions. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around Tokyo with absolute ease.
Our updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Tokyo into helpful lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the best museums and art galleries, places to eat, parks and gardens. We've also worked hard to make sure our information is as up-to-date as possible following the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Nine easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Detailed Top 10 lists of the Tokyo's must-sees, including comprehensive descriptions of the Imperial Palace Grounds, Senso-ji Temple, the Sumida River, the Edo-Tokyo Museum, Ueno Park, the Tokyo National Museum, Koishikawa Korakuen Garden, the Meiji Shrine, Yanaka and Odaiba Island
- Tokyo's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including family activities and things to do for free
- A laminated pull-out map of Tokyo, plus seven full-colour area maps
- Practical advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK's favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Japan's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Japan