Whether you want to walk the marble streets of Dubrovnik, dip your toe in the azure waters of the Adriatic Sea, tuck into a hearty plate of Dalmatian brodetto in Split ormarvel at tumbling waterfalls in Plitvice Lakes National Park, your DK Eyewitness travel guide to Croatia makes sure you experience all that the country has to offer.
Evidence of Croatia's ancient past is easy to find. Ancient mythology permeates the country, nowhere more so than across the constellation of islands that pepper the Dalmatian coastline. The country is also home to vibrant cosmopolitan cities like Zagreb, which features an array of unique museums and modern art galleries. All the while, sparkling waves lap sultry, sun-drenched beaches where turquoise waters beckon.
Our updated guide brings Croatia to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights, trusted travel advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the country's iconic buildings and neighbourhoods. DK Eyewitness Croatia is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Croatia you will find:
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Croatia's must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Colour-coded chapters to every part of Croatia from Istria to Eastern Croatia, Zagreb to Dubrovnik and Southern Dalmatia
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
- Covers: Dubrovnik and Southern, Dalmatia, Split and Central Dalmatia, Northern Dalmatia
Istria, Kvarner Area, Zagreb, Central and Northern Croatia, Eastern Croatia
Only visiting Dubrovnik? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Dubrovnik and the Dalmatian Coast.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.