Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
Discover the Greek Islands with this essential travel guide, designed to help you create your own unique trip and to transport you to this beautiful region of Greece before you've even packed your case - explore Corfu's atmospheric Old Town, admire Santorini's brilliant white-and-blue-washed houses, explore archaeological sites on Delos, wander round the Street of the Knights in Rhodes Old Town or marvel at the kalyvia farmhouses set in rural Skopelos. The DK Eyewitness Guide to the Greek Islands covers the must-see sights and the hidden backstreets, so you won't miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new colour photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love the Greek Islands: breathtaking beaches, hidden villages, amazing outdoor activities, great wineries - what will yours be?
- See the Greek Islands from a different angle - 22 pages of fresh ideas for exploring this spectacular region
- A year-long calendar of events in the Greek Islands gives a selection of local celebrations and festivals for all seasons
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
- Detailed colour maps help you navigate the islands with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of the main islands, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including the Palace of Knossos on Crete, the Acropolis at Lindos, the Monastery of St John on Patmos, and the Temple of Aphaia on Aigina
- Covers the Ionian Islands, the Argo-Saronic Islands, the Sporades and Evvoia, the Northeast Aegean Islands, the Dodecanese, the Cyclades, Crete and Athens
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Greek Islands is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Planning a shorter trip? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Greek Islands.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK's beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. Now they have a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.