Famous around the globe for its riotous Carnaval, Rio de Janeiro offers visitors everything from beautiful beaches and natural wonders to fine Latin art, spectacular samba shows and an exciting culinary scene. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around Rio de Janeiro with absolute ease.
Our regularly updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of Rio de Janeiro into helpful lists of ten - from our own selected highlights to the best museums and art galleries, places to eat, bars and nightclubs, beaches and outdoor activities.
- Eight easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
- Top 10 lists of Rio de Janeiro's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the Corcovado, Parque Nacional da Tijuca, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Mosteiro de São Bento, Museu Nacional de Belas Artes, Jardim Botânico, Museu Histórico Nacional, Praça XV, Praia de Copacabana and the Ipanema and Leblon Beachlife
- Rio de Janeiro's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
- Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including festivals and shows, children's activities, hidden gems off the beaten track and things to do for free
- A laminated pull-out map of Rio de Janeiro and its environs, plus six full-colour neighbourhood maps
- Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
DK Eyewitness Top 10s are the UK's favourite pocket guides and have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 2002.
Looking for more on Brazil's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Brazil.