With its unspoiled coastline, dramatic ruins and picturesque villages, Ireland is the perfect destination for a leisurely road trip. It's yours to explore with Back Roads Ireland, which contains 24 amazing drives across the country, from the majestic Ring of Kerry to the extraordinary Giant's Causeway.
Packed with insider tips and information, this easy-to-use guide reveals Ireland at its best: spectacular sights, hidden gems and authentic local experiences.
Inside Back Roads Ireland:
- 25 easy-to-follow driving tours, each lasting one to five days, including the vibrant musical town of Dingle, the culinary delights of Galway bay and the wonderful wildlife at Fota Wildlife Park
- A laminated pull-out road map of Ireland helps you navigate with ease
- Ideas for discovering the character of each area en route: great views, delightful detours along peaceful back roads, walks through historic towns and villages, wine tours and boat trips, and activities such as hiking, cycling and kayaking. Plus you'll savour the best local experiences with our pick of the most authentic places to stay, eat and shop
- All the Irish rules of the road, postcodes for use with satnav and detailed directions for easy navigation, information on road conditions and parking tips
- Covers Cork, Ring of Kerry, the Dingle Peninsula, Waterford, Kilkenny, Tipperary, Wexford, County Carlow, County Clare, Limerick, the Wicklow Mountains, County Kildare, Dublin, Boyne Valley, the Lakelands, Galway, Connemara, Mayo, County Slingo, Donegal, Causeway Coast, County Down, Fermanagh Lakelands and more
Looking for even more inspiration for your trip to Ireland? Try our DK Eyewitness Ireland.