Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Hungary.
Experience luxurious spas, wander the historic Castle District in Budapest or explore the immense Hortobágy National Park: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Hungary with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Hungary:
- Over 30 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Hungary, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of the Royal Palace of Gödölló, St Stephen's Basilica, Esztergom Basilica, Pannonhalma Abbey, Budapest's striking Memento Park and more
- Colour photographs of vibrant cities, historic churches and castles, pretty rural towns, spectacular architecture, serene countryside and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Budapest, Szentendre, Esztergom, Northern Transdanubia, Székesfehérvár, the Bakony, Sopron, Pécs, Southern Transdanubia and the Northern Highlands
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Hungary's history, way of life, architecture, diverse cuisine, festivals and events, thermal springs and baths, winemaking tradition and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Hungary is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Hungary.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Budapest.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.