Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring Venice and the Veneto.
Marvel at the Basilica San Marco and Doge's Palace, enjoy a gondola ride down the Grand Canal, see Juliet's Balcony in beautiful Verona or soak up the scenery at Lake Garda: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Venice and the Veneto with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Venice and the Veneto:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Venice and a vaporetto map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Venice and the Veneto, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail individual sections of the Grand Canal, the Campanile, Basilica San Marco, Doge's Palace and Rialto Bridge, plus San Zeno Maggiore and the Arena in Verona, and more
- Colour photographs of Venice's iconic waterways, architecture and Lagoon Islands, as well as the beautiful countryside, ancient cities, lakes and lagoons of Verona
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Venice - San Marco; San Polo and Santa Croce; Castello; Dorsoduro; Cannaregio; the Lagoon Islands - and the Veneto Plain; Verona and Lake Garda; and the Dolomites
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history and architecture of Venice and Verona, Venetian art, gondolas and gondoliers, Venetian masks and world-renowned carnival, plus other festivals and events
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases and transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Venice and the Veneto is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Venice and the Veneto.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Planning a weekend break? Try our DK Eyewitness Top 10 Venice guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.