Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
An unbeatable, pocket-sized guide to the Lake District, packed with insider tips and ideas, colour maps, top 10 lists, and a laminated pull-out map - all designed to help you see the very best of the Lake District.
Visit the quaint villages of Grasmere, take a cruise around Windermere, pick up some mint cake in Kendal or go for a hike in the valley at Langdale. From Top 10 castles and houses to the Top 10 pubs and inns - discover the best of the Lake District with this easy-to-use travel guide.
Inside Top 10 Lake District:
- Five easy-to-follow itineraries to help you make the most of your trip
- Top 10 lists showcase the best Lake District attractions, covering Keswick, Coniston Water, Wasdale and more
- Free laminated pull-out map of the Lake District, plus seven colour area maps
- In-depth neighbourhood guides explore the Lake District's most interesting areas, with the best places for eating, hiking and swimming.
- Colour-coded chapters divided by area make it easy to find information quickly and plan your day
- Essential travel tips including our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful transport, visa and health information
- Colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Covers Windermere, the Central Fells, Ullswater, the Northwest, Whitehaven and Wasdale, and more
Planning to explore beyond the Lake District? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Great Britain.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's Top 10 guides take the work out of planning a short trip, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your weekend trip or cultural break. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.