The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this historic and picturesque region.
Marvel at the majestic Mont-St-Michel, explore Brittany's largest market in Rennes, wander the stately streets of Nantes, admire the half-timbered medieval houses in Vannes or relax on the beaches of St-Malo: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Brittany with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Brittany:
- Over 15 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Brittany, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations depict Brittany's icons such as the extraordinary Mont-St-Michel, Qumiper's Cathédrale St-Corentin, Nantes' impressive Château des Ducs de Bretagne and more
- Colour photographs of the region's historic cities, pretty coastal towns, charming châteaux, elegant cathedrals, beautiful landscapes and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Ille-et-Vilaine; Côtes d'Armor; Northern Finistère; Southern Finistère; Morbihan; Loire-Atlantique and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the region's fascinating history and rich culture, rural and religious architecture, musical heritage, inspirational literature, traditional Breton costume, unique festivals including the pardons and festou-noz, local cuisine, landscape and birds, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Brittany is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Brittany.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore more of France? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide France.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.