Telling the story of the world's most incredible buildings, from the ancient world to the present da...
The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this expansive and diverse country.
Climb the Empire State building, sample world-class wines in California's Napa Valley, take in the glitz and glamour of Las Vegas, marvel at the vast expanse of the Grand Canyon or explore picturesque villages in New England:everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of USA with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA:
- Over 60 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of USA, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans depict some of the country's most famous sights such as the iconic White House, infamous Alcatraz Island, world-renowned Guggenheim Museum and more
- Colour photographs of USA's individual states, bustling cities, iconic sights, incredible architecture, natural wonders, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's fascinating history; incredible cities; beautiful national parks; unique festivals; scenic drives; outdoor activities; art, literature and music; and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover New York City and New York State; New Jersey; Philadelphia and Pennsylvania; Boston and Massachusetts; Rhode Island; Connecticut; Vermont; New Hampshire; Maine; Washington, DC; Virginia; West Virginia; Maryland; Delaware; North Carolina; South Carolina; Georgia; Tennessee; Kentucky; Miami and Florida; New Orleans; Louisiana; Arkansas; Mississippi; Alabama; Chicago and Illinois; Indiana; Ohio; Michigan; Wisconsin; Minnesota; North Dakota; South Dakota; Nebraska; Iowa; Missouri; Kansas; Oklahoma; Texas; Nevada; Utah; Arizona; New Mexico; Idaho; Montana; Wyoming; Colorado; Washington; Oregon; Los Angeles, San Francisco and California; Alaska; and Hawaii
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to this diverse country.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
On a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guides to New York City, San Francisco or Las Vegas.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.