Adventure awaits in the Arctic corner of the world
Whether you want to spot grizzly bears in Denali National Park, uncover the traditions of Alaska's Native groups or race along the scenic Haines Highway, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that Alaska has to offer.
Epic in scale and wild to the core, Alaska beckons with snow-crusted peaks, desolate valleys and limitless space to roam. The undulating landscape of wildflower meadows and icy tundra is also home to historic gold rush towns and an array of local breweries - perfect for unwinding after a hike.
Our recently updated guide brings Alaska to life, transporting you there like no other travel guide does with expert-led insights and advice, detailed breakdowns of all the must-see sights, photographs on practically every page, and our hand-drawn illustrations which place you inside the state's iconic buildings and neighborhoods.
- our pick of Alaska's must-sees, top experiences, and hidden gems
- the best spots to eat, drink, shop, and stay
- detailed maps and walks, which make navigating the state easy
- easy-to-follow itineraries
- expert advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- color-coded chapters to every part of Alaska, from Anchorage to Prince William Sound, the Kenai Peninsula to the Arctic
- new lightweight format so you can take it with you wherever you go
Touring the country? Try our DK Eyewitness USA.