The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring San Francisco and Northern California.
Cycle over Golden Gate Bridge, catch a ferry out to the infamous prison on Alcatraz Island or head out to Napa Wine Country to sample fine wine: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of San Francisco and Northern California with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide San Francisco and Northern California:
- Over 35 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of San Francisco and Northern California designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show in detail Alcatraz Island and prison, San Francisco's famous cable cars, Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and more
- Colour photographs of the city's notoriously steep streets, pretty shoreline, parks and gardens, plus California's extensive coastline, national parks, vineyards and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Presidio, Pacific Heights and the Marina, Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach, Chinatown and Nob Hill, Financial District and Union Square, Civic Center, Haight Ashbury and the Mission, Golden Gate Park and Land's End, and sights beyond the city, plus major parts of Northern California, including Carmel, Mendocino, Napa Wine Country, Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the region's history, museums and galleries, architecture, LGBT community, and festivals and events
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide San Francisco and Northern California is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to San Francisco and Northern California.
Planning a city break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 San Francisco.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one." -The Independent
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.