The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this culturally vibrant and enchanting maritime city.
Explore the maze of narrow lanes in historic Alfama, soak up views of the city from the Castelo de São Jorge or admire spectacular palaces and scenery in Sintra: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Lisbon with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Lisbon:
- Over 25 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Lisbon, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show the inside of icons such as the spectacular Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, tile-filled Museu Nacional do Azulejo, Palácio Nacional da Pena and more
- Colour photographs of Lisbon's historic sights, masterpiece-filled museums, elegant palaces, beautiful beaches and coastline, and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about this city's fascinating history and culture, colourful festivals and events, delicious food, local wines, traditional Fado music and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Baixa and Avenida, Bairro Alto and Estrela, Belém and beyond
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Lisbon is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Portugal's beautiful capital.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award-winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
"No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one" - The Independent
Want to explore beyond Lisbon? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Portugal.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK's highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world's leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.