We all have a favorite Disney movie, one or two (or ten) that we’ve watched over and over again. You remember all the songs and your favorite characters, but here’s a list of little-known facts from your favorite films. See how many you know!
1. The opening sequence of The Lion King was originally supposed to include dialogue, but when director Roger Allers and Rob Minkoff heard the final version of “Circle of Life,” they decided that words were no longer needed.
2. Disney animators studied footage of astronaut Sally Ride in space to help create the flowing movement of Ariel’s hair underwater in The Little Mermaid.
3. The Incredibles was the first time Pixar animated an entire cast of human characters.
4. Bambi was adapted from Felix Salten’s novel, Bambi: A Life in the Woods. Two of the movies characters were not in the original book: Flower and Thumper.
5. In an early version of the story, the enchanted objects sing "Be Our Guest" to Maurice, Belle's father, not to Belle, but that was changed to the version we now know from the film.
The Disney Book is a beautiful, visual exploration of all things Disney from the animated and live-action movies to the theme parks and attractions that have made Disney the beloved brand it is today. This classic DK-style book is packed with stunning visuals including concept art, original story sketches, merchandise, a range of movie posters, and collectibles.
© 2015 Disney