In 2003, co-author Jo Schaalman was a nationally ranked diver and a pre-med honors graduate ready to start a promising career as a doctor. But while leading a 3,000-mile bike tour of the U.S., she was hit by a truck. Her survival led to a long recovery accompanied by chronic, debilitating pain, weight gain, and depression that modern medicine could not relieve. Then came a breakthrough – the realization about the healing powers of food. With Julie Peláez as her mentor and friend, Jo learned to be conscious of her health and the food she put in her body at a deeper level than ever before. By listening to her body, practicing yoga, filtering out the mindless eating of empty calories and processed food, by being conscious of her real needs, it was possible to take control of her own well-being. Her new conscious lifestyle brought her healing and a sense of vibrancy beyond anything she'd known prior to her injury.
Together Jo and Julie have spent years researching, developing, and refining their Conscious Cleanse program to similarly dramatic results and success stories. Participants in the program have experienced results from weight loss to relief from anxiety, depression, ADD, high cholesterol, chronic pain, PMS, migraines, eczema, acne, insomnia, addictions, allergies, and even early-onset menopause and diabetes.
In this simple, 14-day program, readers get:
- A day-by-day plan for weening off harmful foods
- Easy weight loss without starvation
- Guidance on incorporating whole foods in an easy and simple way
- Shopping lists of readily-available whole foods for getting started
- Meal plans for each day of the cleanse and beyond
- Dozens of delicious whole-food recipes
- Techniques for continuing a sustainable conscious eating lifestyle long after the cleanse is completed
- Inspiration to live a conscious, vibrant life full of vitality, humor, forgiveness, and self-acceptance
Author: Jo Schaalman
Publication Date: 04 Dec 2012
Size: 152.4 x 228.6mm