Parents worry about their kids, especially when it comes to their health. Conventional medicine has its place but health conscious parents often worry about the serious side effects associated with many prescription drugs and other conventional treatments. Treatment Alternatives for Children is an easily accessible reference guide that enables parents to look up any number of childhood ailments-acne, ear infections, ADHD … you name it-and get all of the vital comparative information about the most common conventional and alternative treatments. For each side-by-side conventional/alternative comparison, readers get:
- A description of the ailment each treats.
- The generic and common brand names of each treatment.
- Active ingredients.
- How each treatment works.
- Dosage, where applicable.
- Treatment efficacy and timing.
- Common mild side effects.
- Less common serious side effects.
Organized from "A" to "Z," this book also covers a special "spotlight" on various important natural remedies and methods that can be used for a variety of ailments.
Author: Dr. Lawrence Rosen
Publication Date: 07 Aug 2012
Size: 152.4 x 228.6mm