Hello and welcome to 3Dpops
To download the augmented reality (AR) program, select the book and the platform (PC or Mac) below.
1. Follow the on-screen instructions to save it onto your machine. Make sure your webcam is turned on and is not being used by another program.
2. Once the program has finished downloading, click HERE to find out how to install it on a PC or HERE to find out how to install it onto a MAC. Once the program has been installed, click on its logo to start it. You should see yourself in the webcam window when it has loaded.
3. Select an AR spread from your book and hold it in front of the webcam. Hold the book flat and perpendicular towards the webcam, so that the webcam can see the book clearly. Keep the book as still as possible for a few seconds and a book logo should appear in the bottom of the webcam window if the animation is about to play. Once this has happened, you can then move the book around more freely to see around the animation. Please note that it may take more than 10 seconds for the webcam to register the book, especially on slower machines.
4. To see the next part of the animation, place your hand over a trigger box on the page of your book. Each trigger box is labelled with a hand symbol, and the boxes are numbered in the order that they should be covered. You will see a hand icon also on screen.
5. To view a different AR animation, repeat steps 3 and 4.
- Try holding the book at a 45 degree angle, making sure that both pages are visible in the webcam window.
- Do not use the software near bright lights, as they may cause glare on the book, which can lead to the animations not running or skipping.
- If you can, adjust the focus on your webcam to produce a clear image.
- Rotating the book allows you to see around the images, and bringing the book closer to the webcam allows you to view it closer up.
- If you see the book or hand icons on screen, keep the book still and the animation will play.
- To control the interactive tornado in the Earth book, simply tilt the book from left to right, and forwards to backwards whilst facing the camera. Try to suck cows and the machinery into the tornado by balancing it over them.
If you have any problems with the software, or would like to get in touch, please contact us here.