This is the web site of Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Dorling Kindersley Limited
London WC2R 0RL
Or send an email: email@example.com
We do not disclose personal information we have collected from children through this Site to third parties.
Please help your children when they use the Site to ensure that they get the most out of the experience. While we make every effort to ensure that they can visit and use the Site safely and easily, nothing can substitute for parental/adult supervision and guidance.
When children want to participate in activities on the Site, this is the sort of information we might ask for and how we use it:
- When children subscribe to receive any of our email newsletters we ask them for their email address so that we can send them the material that they have asked for.
- On all informative emails and newsletters that we send, we give an option to unsubscribe.
- When children enter competitions, we usually ask for their names and email and residential addresses. This is so that we can let them know if they have won anything, send them their prizes and also let other people (such as other users of the Site, the public and our own employees) know about our competitions and their winners.
- When children send e-postcards, we will ask them for their names and email addresses. This is so we can let whoever receives the postcard know who sent it.
- When children send in reviews of our books, we will ask them for their names and email addresses. This is so that we can post their reviews on the Site, and give them credit for what they have written. We do not publish email addresses of children.
- If children submit reviews for display on the Site, we ask for their names (as they would like us to publish them) and email addresses (which we will not publish) so we can contact them in relation to their reviews. If your child plans to submit a review to the Site, please take note of their obligations under the Terms and Conditions of the Site and help them to comply with them.
We only keep the personal information children submit for these purposes until we have made use of it in these ways.
We track the following information on the Site anonymously, or as 'aggregate' data: users' ISP's, the domain names of the pages from which users come to the Site, users' browsers and operating systems.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in the activities offered on the Site. If your child is younger than 13, we ask you to play an active role in safeguarding his or her privacy when using the Site. When your child takes part in an offer or activity on the Site where we ask him or her for personal information, we may ask for your consent or for you to indicate if you do not consent (depending on the type of activity/information being gathered).
If you have children who are under 13, we ask you to complete their entry forms for competitions run on the Site. We will notify you if your child wins a competition and send any prize to you. We will also obtain your prior consent before publishing the name, age and photograph of your child if he or she wins a competition.
If your child is older than 13, we will ask him or her to give consent personally if we plan to keep or use his or her information for anything (we will also say what we plan to do with it). Please help your children with this.