An innovative and accessible guide to more than 2,000 years of thought
Learning about the vast concept of philosophy can be daunting, but The Philosophy Book makes it easier than ever by giving you all the big ideas, simply explained. Step-by-step summaries, graphics, and quotations help even the complete novice understand this fascinating subject.
The Philosophy Book includes:
- More than 100 ground-breaking ideas in the history of philosophy, broken down so that abstract subjects become real
- Over 450 screens with topics spanning from moral ethics to philosophies of religion
- A comprehensive glossary of philosophical terms
- Mini biographies of key philosophical thinkers, such as Pyrrho, Ralph Waldo Emerson, and Ayn Rand
- Over 135 scrolling boxes providing more information on major philosophical figures
- 6 videos bring key philosophical ideas
The Philosophy Book untangles knotty theories and sheds light on abstract concepts, making it perfect for anyone with a general interest in how our social, political, and ethical ideas are formed, as well as students of philosophy and politics.
'Fascinating material, well presented' Jon Sutton, The Psychologist (Review of the Psychology Book)
Publication Date: 15 May 2013